So, I was pretty spoiled this Christmas, as we already know. One of my gifts was a gift card to Michaels (thanks Paps!). After using it to buy a cross stitch kit for the new baby, I was wandering and spotted the Knifty Knitter. So I bought the circle loom set, because I am just not that great at knitting with needles but I like hats. I was playing with it a few nights later when David, who couldn't sleep decided he wanted to learn to knit too. And now he has knit three hats, two that would fit the new baby, and one for Bryar (that she loves!). I have not finished mine yet, as I am distracted by another cross stitch project, a book, and a game. But we both really enjoyed it, so we went and used our 50% off coupon to get the long loom set (so now we can make blankets and scarves, and I even found a pattern for leg warmers).
Other than knitting, our last week seemed really long and also really short. David worked the last 13 days, and some of them were 10-12 hour days. I also worked Monday through Friday, then had the weekend off, which went by entirely too fast.I have been in a Pharmacy class this last module that is mostly learning math calculations. I understand the math, but remembering what steps go where is the challenge. I have two classes starting next module (which is next week) so we'll see how that goes...
Bryar is doing really well. She seems to be learning fast, saying a new word everyday and stringing together sentences. She wants to watch her Spongebob movie that she got for Christmas ALL THE TIME, and it's funny to watch her giggle at it. She is getting so independent, she insists on walking everywhere and even tries to dress herself. She is a lot of fun, even when she drives me crazy :o)
Well this week we don't have any big plans, just working and school. On the 13th, David and I will have been "together" for 6 years. Andyes, we still like each other enough to remember silly little days like that. I hope you all have a good week!


No comments:
Post a Comment