Now, we only have a relatively small space outside our backdoor with a porch and a little dirt patch that I can do whatever I want with. So, of course, I planted a bunch of flowers in the dirt patch and have three big planters on the porch. When the pansies I planted in the Spring finally gave up I went to Lowes and found some Petunias, and some on clearance at Wal-Mart that looked half dead. But I brought them home, pruned them a little, gave them some food and water and they are getting HUGE!! And I must say, I LOVE the way Petunias smell...
I also have this bright pink Geranium that my Great Grandma Bunot gave me for Mother's Day...
And this variety of Dahlia I found at Wal-Mart kinda reminds me of a lion...
And these are Salvia, I think... Whatever they are we just really like the bright red, and they have bloomed all summer.
Next year I hope to plant the front flower bed, also. I just really like the way it feels to come home and see my little space overflowing with all these pretty things...


No comments:
Post a Comment