Monday, March 29, 2010

I made that...

David loves to say "I made that." And most of the time, he can take credit for the cool stuff around our house, whether he built it, refinished it, fixed it, in general made it better (Bryar's toddler bed, anyone?).
So, in order to be able to say "I made that!" (and save myself $25) I decided to make the baby one of those cutsie car seat covers you see everywhere. And it turned out pretty well, I think...
I even made it all cotton so it will be more of a sun shade in the upcoming summer instead of a stuffy blanket. The cupcake fabric was a total pregnancy craving type thing, I saw it at the store and couldn't put it back down!

Upcoming projects include a nursing cover ('cause I don't really like trying to maneuver a blanket and a squirmy newborn at the same time, especially in public) and overall dresses for both girls. Still working on the babies cross stitch, too, but I have no delusion that it will be done by May LOL. I also found a cute idea for my friends that are having babies of their own, something that will actually be very useful and I can't wait to make myself one (because I have to practice first ;o)

1 comment:

  1. Love the carseat cover....looks great!
    Tell me...overall dresses?! are those pretty easy to make?

    ReplyDelete